Monday, September 13, 2010

Playing with painting tools...















I like the brightness of this image. It seems very pure to me with its green and blue. The old barn has definitely not be used in a long time. Everything seems to be sloping into each other. This image reminds me of my home in Iceland, especially the rolling hills. It reminds me of a hunting shed.

Before After
We were supposed to focus on layering in this assignment. I enjoyed how the painting tools actually feel like real paint. I was surprised by this. It makes the colors mix itself. I tried to explore with thick and thin marks. This helped me work with the subtle. I think I could have done better on this assignment, but I got carried away with playing with the tools. I think it is important to play first because I can get used to it and also still feel full of wonder like a kid.

2 comments:

  1. THis is a good start, but where is the second painting example and the two light examples? Email me when you post those o this blog.

    ReplyDelete